Wheelchair Friendly Accommodation
Finding and booking wheelchair friendly accommodation that meets your needs can be time-consuming and often expensive, particularly if you require lifters, slings and a hospital bed. North Adelaide Boutique Stays Accommodation has the ability to provide adaptable accommodation options for guests traveling with a family member using a wheelchair.
Our brand new 4 stars wheelchair friendly studio provides accessible accommodation for all people. Equipped with wider entrances, wheelchair friendly light switches, lowered closet rods, easily accessible microwave and kitchenette facilities, ensure there is no exclusion to our guests because of their special needs.
Wheelchair Friendly Studio Fully Equipped
Our in room hospital bed is fully equipped with electronic hand controls for maximum comfort. A lifter and medium weight harness is provided for the duration of your stay.
Our bathrooms have been designed for your comfort with adjustable shower heads, equipped with grab rails and shower chairs. The basins, vanities, and towel rails have been lowered and a comprehensive pillow menu ensures a peaceful nights sleep.
Convenient Assisted Living Accommodation North Adelaide
An easy flat level walk along our historic street takes you to O’Connell Street, known locally as Eat Street, where culinary delights abound. Restaurants, cafes, bakeries, and pubs line the street, joined by fashion boutiques, and the popular Art Deco Piccadilly cinema. Regular public transport ensures a quick 10 minute bus trip into the city of Adelaide. The North Adelaide Aquatic Centre is a 5 minutes stroll away, offering spas, steam room, an Olympic size swimming pool, lap pool and also a diving pool.
Self-catering is ensured with our comprehensive kitchenette facilities and a variety of supermarkets are located in O’Connell street. If your day has become extremely fast-paced and the desire to walk to dinner maybe too much to contemplate, we offer you a variety of home cooked meals for you to consider. Our curries and pasta are favorites with our guests, all easily accessible from our automated dinner dispenser.
It’s the little extras which separate one property from another, and we try to make your stay a wonderful experience rather than simply a place to lay your head for the night.
Packages are available for 3, 5 and 7 night stays.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bathrooms in Guest Rooms:
- Is the floor surface slip resistant? Yes
- Is the toilet area fitted with grab rails? Yes
- Is the shower area fitted with grab rails? Yes
- Does the shower area provide clear space of at least 1200mm x 1200mm? Yes
- Is the minimum clearance between the washbasin and any other fixed item at least 1100mm? Yes
- Is the shower area on a level, self draining floor? Yes
- Is the access to the shower area free of any step hob or sliding door track? Yes
- Can you provide a portable shower seat? Yes
- Is the shower head extendable? Yes
- Can shower fittings and fixtures be reached from a seated position? Yes
- Are the taps lever or capstan? Yes
- Is there a bathtub? No
- How many accessible rooms do you provide? 2
- Are doorways 850mm or wider when open? Yes
- Are the doors easy to open with one hand? Yes
- Is there good circulation space around the bed to allow mobility aids to be manouvered? Yes
- Is there enough clearance under the bed to enable to use of a hoist? Yes
- Are all controls and switches at accessible height (900mm – 1100mm)? Yes
- Are all facilities such as kettles, phones, remote controls etc at table height? Yes
- Are telephone, lights and TV controls within reach of the bed? Yes
- Are clothes hanging rail & shelving accessible from a wheelchair? Yes
- Is room furniture easily moved to create more space? Yes
- Is room service available for meals? Yes
- Do you provide designated parking for people with disabilities onsite? Yes
- Do the designated parking spaces measure at least 3200mm? Yes
- Are the spaces marked with a wheelchair symbol? Yes
- Are the spaces undercover? No
- Is there a clear and continuous accessible path of travel from the car park to reception? Yes
- Is there a clear and continuous accessible path of travel from the car park to accommodations? Yes
- Is there clear external and internal directional signage? Yes
- Is there a coach parking? Yes
- Are curtains or blinds easy to reach to open and close? Yes